ADR Chambers: Panel Members
Barry Leon is an arbitrator and mediator with ADR Chambers. He specializes in arbitrating and mediating cases involving corporate and commercial, contract, securities, banking, intellectual property, technology, construction and project, shareholder and business breakup disputes.
Barry is a Partner and Head of the International Arbitration Group at Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall LLP. He has more than 30 years of experience as counsel, acting on many complex and significant cases for a wide variety of clients and involving many different industries. His industry experience includes financial services, natural resources and energy, technology and intellectual property, manufacturing, construction and projects, and consumer products.
He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIArb) and an International Mediation Institute (IMI) Certified Mediator. He is an active member of numerous arbitration and dispute resolution organizations and institutions, including Chair of ICC Canada (Canadian National Committee, International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)).
Barry regularly chairs conferences and panels, and speaks and writes extensively on various dispute-related topics. He is frequently referred to and quoted in the media on arbitration, mediation and other legal topics.
Barry has received numerous professional recognitions over the course of his career. Recent recognitions include Global Arbitration Review’s GAR 100 (“one of Canada’s most high-profile arbitration practitioners”) and Chambers Global ("articulate and intelligent, with impressive legal analytical ability and substantial business judgement." Sources appreciate his creative and insightful advice and note "he has extensive knowledge of international arbitration” and "accommodating, instructive and personable practitioner who provides clear advice and opinions"). He received the 2013 “Award for Outstanding Contribution to Diversity in ADR” of CPR International Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution. Other recognitions include:
- Best Lawyers™ 2014 Ottawa International Arbitration “Lawyer of the Year”.
- Guide to the World's Leading Experts in Commercial Arbitration - Leading Expert
- Law Business Research’s The International Who’s Who of Commercial Arbitration 2014
- Law Business Research’s The International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers 2014
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2014 - International Arbitration, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Corporate and Commercial Litigation, and Class Action Litigation
- Lexpert/American Lawyer’s Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada, Leading Lawyer in International Arbitration, 2014
- American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell™ - 2013 Top Rated Lawyer in Canada Who's Who Legal - Canada 2013
- Who's Who Legal - Canada 2013
- Lawyers Weekly “In House Counsel” Magazine - Top Canadian Lawyers 2012.
Barry is licensed to practice law in Ontario. He obtained his B.A. from University of Alberta, his M.B.A. from Ivey Business School, Western University, and his LL.B. from University of Toronto.
Barry'smemberships include The Advocates' Society (Chair, Arbitration and Mediation Advocacy Practice Group), London Court of International Arbitration, Institute for Transnational Arbitration, International Bar Association, Toronto Commercial Arbitration Society, Ottawa International Arbitration Association, International Law Association, and New York State Bar Association.
1. While every effort is being made to keep the calendar up to date, ADR Chambers cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information on the calendar. Please call (416) 362-8555 to confirm availability and book the panel member.
2. Please call (416) 362-8555 if the date you need is marked as unavailable to determine whether you can be accommodated by the panel member.
Barry Leon is willing to travel
Collection / Debtors
Construction, Engineering and Infrastructure
General Real Estate Transactions
To book Barry Leon