ADR Chambers: Panel Members
Barry Leon is an arbitrator and mediator with ADR Chambers. He specializes in corporate and commercial, contract, intellectual property, technology, product liability, shareholder and business breakup disputes.
Barry is a Partner and Head of the International Arbitration Group at Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall LLP/s.r.l. He has more than 30 years of experience as counsel, acting on many complex and significant cases for a wide variety of clients and involving many different industries. His industry experience includes financial services, natural resources and energy, technology and intellectual property, manufacturing, construction and projects, and consumer products. Barry has received numerous recognitions over the course of his career. His most recent recognitions include:
- Law Business Research's The International Who's Who of Commercial Arbitration;
- The Best Lawyers in Canada - International Arbitration, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Class Action Litigation, and Corporate and Commercial Litigation;
- Lexpert/American Lawyer’s Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada - Leading lawyer in International Arbitration;
- Law Business Research’s The International Who’s Who of Arbitration - Leading Lawyer in Canada;
- Woodward White’s The Best Lawyers in Canada - International Arbitration, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Class Action Litigation, and Corporate and Commercial Litigation;
- Lexpert/Thomson Canada’s Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory - Most frequently recommended practitioner in International Commercial Arbitration;
- Legal Media Group’s Guide to the World’s Leading Experts in Commercial Arbitration - Leading Lawyer in Canada;
- Lexpert’s Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-Border Litigation Lawyers in Canada - Leading Lawyer in International Commercial Arbitration.
Barry regularly chairs conferences and panels, and speaks and writes extensively on various international disputes and related topics, including international and domestic arbitration, litigation, mediation and negotiation. He is regularly referred to and quoted in the media on arbitration, mediation and other legal topics.
He is an active member of numerous international and Canadian arbitration and dispute resolution organizations and institutions, serving in executive positions and on special task forces, committees and commissions, and organizing international conferences and events. Barry is the Chair of ICC Canada, the Canadian National Committee of the ICC International Court of Arbitration. Other organizations and institutions in which he is active include the ICC Commission on Arbitration; International Law Association; International Bar Association, The Advocates’ Society ─ Co-chair of Arbitration and Mediation Advocacy Practice Group; CPR Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution ─ Task Force on Diversity in ADR, and Arbitration Committee; International Centre for Dispute Resolution (international division of American Arbitration Association) ─ Panel of Arbitrators and Canadian Advisory Committee; Commercial Litigation and Arbitration Review ─ Board of Editors; Toronto Commercial Arbitration Society; and Canadian Bar Association ─ Dispute Resolution Committee of the International Law Section.
Barry’s other memberships include the County of Carleton Law Association; Institute for Transnational Arbitration; International Commission of Jurists; London Court of International Arbitration; New York State Bar Association; Ontario Bar Association; and Toronto Lawyer’s Association.
Barry is licensed to practice law in Ontario. He obtained his B.A. from University of Alberta, his M.B.A. from Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario and his LL.B. from University of Toronto.
1. While every effort is being made to keep the calendar up to date, ADR Chambers cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information on the calendar. Please call (416) 362-8555 to confirm availability and book the panel member.
2. Please call (416) 362-8555 if the date you need is marked as unavailable to determine whether you can be accommodated by the panel member.
Barry Leon is willing to travel
Collection / Debtors
Construction, Engineering and Infrastructure
General Real Estate Transactions
To book Barry Leon